We appreciate your interest in employment with Dermatology Associates of Kentucky. We make it our goal to hire dedicated staff focused on providing quality care and customer service to the patients we serve. Individuals who wish to be considered for a job opening should complete DAK’s electronic employment application. The employment application can be accessed by clicking on the “Apply” button listed within each position below. When applying for a position, please make sure to complete each field on the application, marking N/A if the question does not apply. After completing the application you will receive an email confirmation that your application was received.
Applications are reviewed by the Human Resources Office and may be forwarded to hiring managers for consideration. If we determine your qualifications meet the needs of the position, the Human Resources staff or the hiring manager may contact you for further information or to schedule an interview. Therefore, it is important to provide current contact information when completing the application.
If you apply for a position in which you are not qualified for or apply for a position in which we do not have a current opening, your application will be filed.
For additional questions regarding job openings contact the Human Resources Office at (859) 977-2335.
Apply for one of our positions here!!
Job Title: Clinical Assistant/Scribe
Reports to: Clinical Manager/Practice Administrator
FLSA Status: Non-exempt (Hourly)
Medical Scribe Summary: Responsible for summarizing and transcribing medical information into electronic health records (EHR) during medical visits and procedures for physicians and midlevel providers. Must quickly achieve high proficiency and speed with EHR. Must keep up with a fast-paced, high volume environment of 40+ patient encounters per day. With training, ensures that documentation meets standards for insurance and billing. Coordinates letters to referring physicians. Primary goal is to increase the efficiency and productivity of the physician and alleviate the provider’s administrative burden.
The ability to listen, summarize, and type information in correctly is essential. Good judgment, organizational ability, initiative, attention to detail, and the ability to be self-motivated are especially important. Excellent skills in typing, spelling, punctuation, and grammar are required. Good attendance is an essential element of this job. Must be able to anticipate physician needs to facilitate the flow of clinic.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities
Education/Experience: Medical assisting diploma or 2 years of college. Experience with EHR in a clinical role preferred. Transcription, clinical assisting, or nursing experience may also be helpful. Completion of Certified Dermatology Technician course required within 90 days of hire, unless employee has current nursing license or certificate in medical assisting.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities for a Medical Scribe:
Accurately and thoroughly document medical visits and procedures as they are being performed by the physician, including but not limited to:
- Onsite to see patients.
- Patient medical history and physical exam,
- Procedures and treatments performed by healthcare professionals, including nurses and physician assistants,
- Patient education and explanations of risks and benefits,
- Physician-dictated diagnoses, prescriptions and instructions for patient or family members for self-care and follow-up
- Prepare referral letters as directed by the physician. Ensure that letters are mailed or faxed on a daily basis to all physicians involved in a patient’s care, and with all copies of pertinent reports or tests attached. Research contact information for referring physicians, coordinate referrals, prepare operative reports, make phone calls, and other clerical tasks as assigned.
- Spot mistakes or inconsistencies in medical documentation and correct the information in order to reduce errors. All addenda must be signed off by a physician. Ensure that all clinical data, lab or other test results, the interpretation of the results by the physician are recorded accurately in the medical record. Alert physician when chart is incomplete.
- Utilize medical coding training provided by the practice to assist provider in selecting medical codes consistent with the visit documentation.
- Comply with specific standards that apply to the style of medical records and to the legal and ethical requirements for preparing medical documents and for keeping patient information confidential.
- Collect, organize and catalog data for Meaningful Use, Physician Quality Reporting System and other quality improvement efforts and format for submission. Assist in developing and maintaining systems to track patient follow up and compliance.
- Proofread and edit all the physician’s medical documents for accuracy, spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
Clinical Assistant Summary: Assists in the examination and treatment of patients under the direct supervision of the Provider by performing the following duties.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities for a Clinical Assistant:
- Onsite to see patients.
- Interview patients while recording and updating medical information and medications in Encite.
- Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients.
- Check and respond to patient messages via phone and in Encite.
- Drape patients with covering and position instruments and equipment.
- Hand instruments and materials to Provider as directed.
- Scribe while Provider is diagnosing patient if scribe is unavailable or out for the day.
- Enter prescriptions electronically as the Provider instructs
- Enter and maintain patients in i-Pledge system for Accutane patients.
- Send insurance/pharmacy refill requests and prior authorizations for medications
- Clean, package, and sterilizes instruments using proper safety techniques.
- Inventory and order medical supplies and materials for exam and procedure rooms.
- Disinfect, stock, and shut down exam/procedure rooms.
- Assist the Provider with lasers and other equipment under the supervision of the Provider
- Communicates with Provider regarding all patient care
- All changes to patient scheduling must be authorized by management or Provider
- Administer routine diagnostic tests or call medical facilities or departments to schedule patients for tests.
- Prepare syringes and give injections or treatments
- Notify patients of biopsy results via letter or phone, after Provider review and authorization
- Draw blood when necessary, performs routine laboratory tests and enter labs into the computer
- Schedule appointments and patch tests, enter results into card site and print out card list for patient
- Verify that Provider documented services on fee ticket before patient leaves the room.
- Travel to any or all outside clinics when necessary, which includes Frankfort, Mt. Sterling & Somerset.
- Must be available whenever physician or provider is working. Saturdays, early mornings, late evenings may be required. Day travel to satellite clinics may be required on a regular basis.
Dermatology Associates of Kentucky, P.S.C. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Do you love helping people! If so, this is the career for you. A busy dermatologist office is looking for a friendly, professional individual who can provide excellent customer service to our patients.
Dermatology Associates of Kentucky, PSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.