We appreciate your interest in employment with Dermatology Associates of Kentucky. We make it our goal to hire dedicated staff focused on providing quality care and customer service to the patients we serve. Individuals who wish to be considered for a job opening should complete DAK’s electronic employment application. The employment application can be accessed by clicking the “Apply” button next to the available position, under the Current Openings section below. When applying for a position, please make sure to complete each field on the application, marking N/A if the question does not apply. After completing the application you will receive an email confirmation that your application was received.
Applications are reviewed by the Human Resources Office and may be forwarded to hiring managers for consideration. If we determine your qualifications meet the needs of the position, the Human Resources staff or the hiring manager may contact you for further information or to schedule an interview. Therefore, it is important to provide current contact information when completing the application.
If you apply for a position in which you are not qualified for or apply for a position in which we do not have a current opening, your application will be filed.
For additional questions regarding job openings contact the Human Resources Office at (859) 977-2335.
Job Title: Clinical Assistant
Reports To: Clinical Nurse Manager
FLSA Status: Hourly/Non-Exempt
Summary: Assists in the examination and treatment of patients under the direct supervision of the Provider by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Include the following and other duties may be assigned:
- Onsite to see patients.
- Interview patients while recording and updating medical information and medications in Encite.
- Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients.
- Check and respond to patient messages via phone and in Encite.
- Drape patients with covering and position instruments and equipment.
- Hand instruments and materials to Provider as directed.
- Scribe while Provider is diagnosing patient if scribe is unavailable or out for the day.
- Enter prescriptions electronically as the Provider instructs
- Enter and maintain patients in i-Pledge system for Accutane patients.
- Send insurance/pharmacy refill requests and prior authorizations for medications
- Clean, package, and sterilizes instruments using proper safety techniques.
- Inventory and order medical supplies and materials for exam and procedure rooms.
- Disinfect, stock, and shut down exam/procedure rooms.
- Assist the Provider with lasers and other equipment under the supervision of the Provider.
- Communicates with Provider regarding all patient care.
- All changes to patient scheduling must be authorized by management or Provider.
- Administer routine diagnostic tests or call medical facilities or departments to schedule patients for tests.
- Prepare syringes and give injections or treatments
- Inject local anesthesia for surgery or biopsies
- Notify patients of biopsy results via letter or phone, after Provider review and authorization
- Draw blood when necessary, performs routine laboratory tests and enter labs into the computer
- Schedule appointments and patch tests, enter results into card site and print out card list for patient
- Verify that Provider documented services on fee ticket before patient leaves the room.
- Travel to any or all outside clinics when necessary, which includes Frankfort, Mt. Sterling, Beaumont & Somerset.
- All other duties as assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience
High School diploma or equivalent required and completion of a Medical Assisting Program, or Associates Degree, or prior patient care. Active certification (CMA, RMA) OR if not currently certified, new employee must agree to complete Dermatology Technician Certification within 3 months of employment is also required
Dermatology Associates of Kentucky, P.S.C. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Do you love helping people! If so, this is the career for you. A busy dermatologist office is looking for a friendly, professional individual who can provide excellent customer service to our patients.
Dermatology Associates of Kentucky, PSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.